that will work in the United States to energetically support our education and church ministry through leading our donor relations and fundraising initiatives. The successful applicant will be committed to this Christian ministry which seeks to empower the students and families of Tegucigalpa to improve their lives and to demonstrate their faith in their Lord Jesus Christ. We are seeking an entrepreneurial individual with skills in fundraising, interpersonal communication, and development strategy.
Job Summary: The Development Director is responsible for directing the strategic visioning and implementation of Jubilee Centers International’s (JCI) donor relations and fundraising endeavors. The Development Director will invest 80% of their time on donor relations, and 20% of their time on the related administrative tasks. This is a self-directed role that requires leadership, initiative, and enthusiasm for the organization’s mission. The Development Director will report directly to the organization’s Directors based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras; and work closely with the U.S. Board of Directors and Development Assistant based in West Michigan. This part-time position has the potential to grow into a full-time position.
- Meet regularly one-on-one with donors; establish a calendar for meeting with major donors and potential donors by priority of giving level and their desire to meet.
- Work directly with JCI Directors to develop and implement a fundraising development plan in order to meet financial goals, including annual revenue, capital projects, and long-range strategic plan goals.
- Be an ambassador for Jubilee. Speak in public about Jubilee at churches, schools, events, etc.
- Grow donor network through identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Collaborate with Director on the organizational communications strategy. Oversee all fundraising-related and donor-facing communications.
- Engage and direct board members, staff, and volunteers in the fundraising process, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Establish, evaluate, and continue to refine systems, processes, and tools for effectively carrying-out development activities.
- Provide high-level support of fundraising events from planning through execution, focusing on donor involvement and engagement.
- Oversee donor database and ensure complete and accurate constituent records and regular donation reports.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the Development Assistant.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Embraces and commits to furthering Jubilee Centers International’s vision and mission: seeing people transformed by the love of Christ through holistic community development, including Christian education.
- Demonstrated ability to raise substantial funds from individuals, businesses, foundations, and other potential contributors. Experience developing and implementing successful initiatives for planned and major gift programs preferred.
- People-person who enjoys initiating and maintaining contact with existing and potential donors.
- Draws satisfaction from raising funds.
- Skilled at fostering relationships and growing the organization’s network.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinker, self-motivated, person of integrity.
- Able to collaborate and maintain professional working relationships with the organization’s directors, staff, and board members.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in fundraising and donor relations.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Additional Details: 20-25 hours/week, with potential growth to full-time; expected travel to Tegucigalpa, Honduras once/year
Email resume and letter of interest to [email protected]. The letter of interest should include the following:
- Statement of faith
- Explanation of interest in the position
- Explanation of fundraising experience and international experience
Job opening for Jubilee Centers International
Thank you for sharing this opening!
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.