Looking for a way to celebrate the CRC's All Nation's Heritage Week? Why not sign up to be a host site for the 2nd Annual Racial Justice Film Week? We have suggested movies and a film kit for each one.
September 24 to 30th, 2018
How can I/we participate?
We are looking for people who are gifted in the area of organizing and willing to:
- host/find a host location for a Canadian movie/documentary screening (movie choices to be provided)
- convene a local panel of community activists/educators/advocates who can share after the screening and participate in an audience Q&A
- participate in a pre- and post- event Planners' meeting via video conference
Who is being invited to participate?
Christian Reformed churches, agencies, and ministries across Canada
Why are we doing this?
The purpose of the film week is to:
- Raise the profile and awareness of racial justice issues in Canada.
- Create space for community dialogue.
- Introduce local agencies/organizations/individuals who are committed to racial justice work in a specific area.
- Engage the gifts and talents of racial justice champions in the denomination.
- Create synergy around acknowledgement and participation in All Nations Heritage Week throughout the Canadian CRCs.
Will I/we be doing this on our own?
Participants would be provided with physical and interpersonal support pre- and post- event. They will be able to
(1) choose between a pre-screened list of movies/documentaries,
(2) participate in a pre- and post- event video discussion with other organizers, and
(3) have access to a film "kit" (includes potential questions for group discussion, tips re: facilitating community conversations, promotional materials, background and next step resources unique to subject matter of the film, etc).
I'm in! Now what?
Contact me (Bernadette Arthur) at 289-527-6345 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and support.
Check out the list of suggested films here ... which one might be a good next step in your community’s learning journey?