My favorite part of beginning each new year is the year-end “top ten” and “best of" lists that are compiled on every topic imaginable. (You knew I wouldn’t say resolutions, right?) I’m not one to buy in to the fact that just because millions of other people liked something that I’ll like it too, but I’m interested in seeing what other people deem worthwhile, educational, entertaining, etc. I was curious to see which of our 2012 webinars would be included in such a list now that CRC Communication has just concluded its first year of hosting.
Ranked by the combined total of attendance and average monthly views of their recordings, here are the Top 10 CRC Communications Webinars of 2012:
- Nurturing Generous Spaciousness: A Response to Gay Christians in the Church (Wendy Gritter, November 28)
- Children at the Lord’s Table (Rev. Thea Leunk and Patricia Nederveld, April 25)
- Autism and Children’s Ministry (Nella Uitvlugt, October 3)
- churchINcomplete: Working Toward Solving the Generational Hole (Rev. Mark Hilbelink and Amy Vander Vliet, November 7)
- Called to be an Elder? Now What? (Rev. Andrew Beunk, May 9)
- Getting Going in Helping Without Hurting (Wendy Hammond, August 8)
- The Web is Your Church’s New Front Door (Jerod Clark, January 25)
- Be an Effective Deacon in Today’s Church (Dave Ellens and Bernita Tuinenga, May 16)
- The Web is Your Church’s New Front Door (Jerod Clark, February 1)
- The What Why & How of Safe Church Ministry (Bonnie Nicholas, February 29) and Church Renewal: The Journey of 3 Lands & 2 Rivers (Jack Tacoma, March 21)
To see a complete list of all the webinars from 2012, visit crcna.org/webinars and click the ‘Archived’ tab.
The numbers only tell us so much. Some topics by their very nature appeal to a broader audience and that gives them an advantage in such a list as this. That’s where you can help us get a more complete picture of our webinar year in review.
Which was your favorite webinar this year? Or which topic would you most like to see in 2013?