To Potential Candidates:
The congregation of Hudson Presbyterian Church is looking to fill the position of Senior Pastor. While we would prefer a candidate with experience, we are open to considering a recent seminary graduate. The church has approximately 125 members and is highly committed to Bible-based preaching and teaching. There is an active Deacon’s ministry that assists the pastor in providing pastoral care to the congregation.
The ideal Senior Pastor will meet the character qualifications of an Elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-12 and Titus 1:5-9. This individual will serve alongside the Elders, staff, and Assistant Pastor in leading the church to fulfill its Vision, Mission, and Beliefs. He/she will:
- Model a growing, vibrant, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, an active prayer life, and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading.
- Be ordained, or ordainable, in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (Reformed Theology & Presbyterian Polity).
- Have a Master of Divinity or equivalent from an accredited, theologically-aligned seminary with formal education in biblical languages.
- Be a Gospel-centered expositor of Scripture in the content of his preaching and teaching.
- Have a shepherd’s heart and cultivate relationships to make disciples.
- Be a pastor/teacher with demonstrated growth of leadership effectiveness and outcomes.
- Hold an egalitarian position on the ordination of women as pastors, ruling elders, and deacons.
- Support a biblical view of marriage. From a heart for knowing God personally and serving Him wholeheartedly, the pastor will engage the staff, the church, and the community with the Good News of Jesus Christ. He/she will prayerfully:
- Work with our worship team to develop and deliver weekly and seasonal worship services in a traditional format with some blended elements.
- Prepare and deliver compelling sermons that are relevant and true to Scripture.
- Serve as the Lead for preaching in a role that has support from a teaching elder responsible for discipleship.
- Maintain a missional focus for the church.
- Work with Deacons to provide congregational care.
- Disciple and develop staff and existing church leaders as well as identify new leaders within the church.
- Work with Session, staff, and lay leadership to implement strategies necessary to align our ministry to the Vision, Mission and Core Beliefs of the church.
- Work with Session, staff, and lay leadership to develop a mission-driven annual plan and budget.
- Maintain personal accountability to an accountability partner(s) and to the Session of the church.
More information on the Church and community may be found on the church website.
We hope you will give this position your prayerful consideration.
Interested applicants should fill out the EPC’s Personal Information Form and submit to [email protected].
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.