Dr. Ron Sider has been a respected justice advocate, professor, writer and speaker for more than a half century. In this episode, Dr. Sider reflects on what has been critical to keeping him in the game and sustaining his gentle, powerful voice as he has challenged the church—sometimes in unwelcome ways—to reflect God’s deep concern for justice and mercy.
In this episode, you'll explore:
- Why our love for any cause must come third – after our commitment to Christ and our family.
- The importance of humility and continuing to learn, grow and listen to people who disagree.
- The pitfall of championing a cause on a grand scale while failing to apply it at home.
- The vital importance of what Dr. Sider calls “biblical balance.”
- A challenge to young Christians not to forget the Good News of the Gospel amidst enthusiasm for justice.
- How we need Christian community if we hope to sustain ministry for a lifetime.