We Speak English Network is a not-for-profit organization, founded by a group of caring Canadians, that aims to help native English speakers connect with the world.
I hope this project will be known by all English Christians, so they may help change the world with the Word of God when they connect with worldwide young people who are eager to talk with native speakers. Most of these learners are from developing countries and they will be elites of their communities. Our platform provides them a chance to directly interact with native speakers and helps them learn about God, access Western culture, improve their English skills, and then change their minds and life.
Vision statement - To create a world where people can connect with each other through language and culture, and where everyone has the opportunity to learn and grow.
Our mission is to pair native English speakers with overseas learners to set up a fabulous connection. Help native speakers connect with the world, and at the same time help the learners improve their speaking skills.
We developed an app and website as the platform to connect native English speakers with overseas partners through video chat. Tutors and learners sign up on our website, the tutors set their availability and the learners will make appointments with them. They will video chat one-on-one as scheduled.
All adults are welcome, in particular seniors.
- No professional tutoring experience is needed, it is just casual conversation.
- You should look to correct pronunciation, grammar, and coherence errors.
- You set your availability and the learner will book any chat based on your availability.
- You install the En Chat app on your smartphone.
- Each session is 30 mins, one-on-one video chat. Partners may vary.
- English is your first language or equivalent.
- You must have a clear voice.
- You must have access to a smartphone and the internet.
- You must have access to your email at least daily, so you don’t miss an appointment.
- Currently accept tutors from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand only. Open to all countries soon.
Who will be your partner?
- Overseas college students and adults who are prospective international students or immigrants, who are interested in Western culture and hope to improve their English skills.
- They select partners based on their availability and review rating.
- All your partners have been learning English for several years and have a degree of fluency. They are looking to hear about your experiences and to share some of their own.
Measures to protect your privacy:
- No personal information is needed.
- Only an email is required to receive all notifications.
- The app has passed the APP store and Google’s strict safety scrutiny. Any access to your smartphone needs your permission.
- It is easy to quit.
- Everything is under your control.
Become a volunteer tutor today: https://wespeakenglish.chat/tutor.html