Last year thirteen churches took a risk, they joined a cohort of churches willing to work with the Building Blocks of Faith Model. This model answers the question: What do people need for their faith to grow?
They did not have many materials to work with. They had the support and encouragement of a Faith Formation Regional catalyzer and in January they participated in the Calvin Worship Symposium. Over the year they worked with the idea and developed materials. And they did!
These churches took the idea and made logos, sermons, Bible Studies, Children’s sermons, intergenerational events and devotionals based on the theme. They used the model to think about elder’s role in the church, evaluate education programs and guide Sunday school teachers meetings. The model was a blessing to the churches by offering a new way to look at faith as well as a giving a common language to talk about faith.
These materials are shared in this new Building Blocks of Faith Toolkit which is available to you! We plan to add more materials as they become available.
We are extremely grateful to these churches for being willing to step forward to the challenge, for the materials and ideas they developed and shared. Thanks so much:
- Bethel CRC, Princeton, Minnesota
- Cornerstone CRC, Chilliwack, British Columbia
- Covenant CRC, Edmonton, Alberta
- Covenant CRC, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Friendship Community CRC, Toronto, Ontario
- Hillcrest CRC, Denver, Colorado
- Immanuel CRC, Brampton, Ontario
- Immanuel CRC, Orange City, Iowa
- Mosaic House Community CRC, Edmonton, Alberta
- Sonlight CRC, Lynden, Washington
- Spring Lake CRC, Spring Lake, Michigan
- Trinity CRC, Abbotsford, British Columbia
- Woody Nook CRC, Lacombe, Alberta
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.