There’s just something about Beer and Hymns that keeps people coming back.
The first time I heard about a hymn sing taking place at The Last Chance Tavern and Grill in Grand Rapids, MI, I was intrigued. The idea of singing well-loved hymns at an unassuming bar on Burton drew me right in.
And it’s been drawing in others, too. Beer and Hymns first came to Grand Rapids around Christmas 2015 and it’s been growing ever since (check out this recent MLive article 'Beer and Hymns' unites the faithful in song, suds for more of the story).
When I ask people who go to Beer and Hymns about their experience, I am struck by two things. First, they always want to go back. Second, they love to invite others.
So today I thought it would be fun to hear from those who have gone (or really want to go) to Beer and Hymns.
Will you comment below on our quick poll?
Ready? Set? Go!
What’s Your Favorite Part of Beer and Hymns?
- Singing hymns (bonus points if you share your favorite)
- Gathering as the church in a casual space
- The accordion player (and other talented musicians)
- I don’t have to cook dinner
- Meeting new people
- I can invite friends who may not be comfortable in a church setting
- ______________ (fill us in on other awesome things)
Thanks for sharing in the comments!
P.S. Local to Grand Rapids and want to check out Beer and Hymns? Head to The Last Chance Tavern and Grille tonight. Singing starts at 6:30 pm. All are welcome!