Our ministry’s passion is to be a resource for our chaplains through endorsement, providing pastoral care, advocating, answering questions, and sharing their gifts with the chaplain community and denomination. Our deepest desire is to help chaplains flourish in ministry.
Chaplains, we’re here to serve you! We take on our role of endorsement as a scared responsibility in which we covenant with you and your calling church to provide accountability, empowerment, and support for you as a chaplain.
Stay connected with us through our newsletter (sign up here), CRC Chaplain Facebook Group, Annual Training conference, weekly zoom meetings, director visits to your local area, and individual contacts through video, phone, and email.
A few things to remember as a newly endorsed chaplain:
- Send us a paragraph so we can introduce you to our chaplains! Here are some examples. Also complete the necessary steps as outlined in your provisional endorsement letter to move towards being fully endorsed.
- Send your annual report to your church and our ministry. We have created a template that you can easily fill out and print out to provide to your church and our ministry. This is vital for our ministry to be able to share with churches and our denomination your vital work on behalf of the denomination. It also provides information and resources that our ministry can utilize and share to bless our chaplain community.
- Please inform our ministry of any changes in your employment, location, calling church, new certifications or training, changes in regards to your ministerial status, promotions, certifications, and specialized training to share with our chaplain community and our denomination.
- Attend our Annual Training in Grand Rapids, MI. We cover the travel cost (in full for full-time chaplains and prorated for part-time). This is a wonderful time of soul renewal, gaining pastoral care tools and develop meaningful collegial relationships. Our hope that chaplains attend at least every 3-4 years, and many chaplains attend every year because its’ a great way to connect with each other and learn alongside other CRCNA chaplains.
- Continue to connect with your mentor (preference for CRC chaplain in your vocational field.) This is a Synodical requirement for all newly ordained CRC pastors as well as newly endorsed chaplains. Please send us and Rev. Sean Baker ([email protected]) the name of your mentor.
- Annually revisit your Covenant of Joint Supervision with your church to ensure clear communication and meeting expectations of support and supervision.
- Continue to send us your questions and resources.