In the World Missions report to next month’s annual Synod, the work is summed up along “Five Streams”.
Here is a summary of the ‘Streams’:
- Faith Formation: Last year more than 200 missionaries served in over 40 countries bringing the good news of the Kingdom.
- Servant Leadership: Introducing and nurturing faith in Jesus Christ within the global Kingdom; some 85 CRWM teachers served in international schools this past year.
- Loving mercy and doing justice: Missionaries addressed issues of justice and mercy; they heard the cries of the suffering; some 375 volunteers served alongside our missionaries.
- Gospel Proclamation and Worship: Overall, some 13,000 people committed their lives to Christ. Some 1.7 billion Muslims are in need of Christ and have CRWM’s priority.
- Global Missions: Last year more 226 new faith communities began worshiping, including groups in Mexico, Nepal, and Sierra Leone.
We thank God for the power of the Spirit and His Word by which so many lives were turned to the service of King Jesus.
Find the full report in the Agenda for Synod 2015.