Many Resonate missionaries and partner teachers return to North America for several months of home service. This is a great time to visit and share how God is working through your partnership together. Planned activities and events are great ways to bring your missionaries and congregation together. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Schedule visits with church leaders and spouses over breakfast, lunch, coffee, or dessert.
- Invite them to participate in prayer groups, small groups, and other church activities.
- Plan a church potluck, picnic, BBQ, or dessert social.
- Link missionary children with similarly-aged children in your congregation and invite them to be part of your church's VBS or Sunday school programs.
- Create questions for an interview-style presentation with the missionary.
- Ask the missionary to present on a specific topic such as the traditional religions/beliefs of people in their area of ministry.
- Organize a "cultural night," preparing food from their country of service and inviting missionaries to share about the country's customs and practices.
- Incorporate the missionary's visit into a series of missions emphasis events.
- Encourage your church to evaluate their role and responsibility missionaries and vice versa.