On April 14, Timothy Leadership Training (TLT) released a manual entitled Loving Your Neighbor in the COVID-19 Pandemic to its global network of facilitators. TLT manuals are intended to be used by groups of leaders who interact, discuss, and learn together. This manual was designed to equip families and individuals to serve the most vulnerable and demonstrate love for neighbors in practical ways.
TLT already has several translations of the manual:
- Bangla (Bangladesh)
- Mizo (Myanmar)
- Nepali (Nepal)
We have already heard stories of impact from many places! Check a few of them out below.
- Uganda: Jude's granddaughter immediately put into practice what she learned by gathering water each morning for hand washing.
- Malawi: Gloria Makunje from All Churches Leadership Training Center has shared the manual widely to churches in Malawi involved in the TLT network. The church in Malawi is taking the lead on COVID-19 training and prevention.
- El Salvador: Pictured is a family in El Salvador going through lesson one the same day they received it! I have several requests today from village evangelists and leaders for more copies for their believers.
- Bangladesh: Samuel, a TLT facilitator, shared the manual builds awareness about prevention in villages where people do not have good access to information. Others are also learning as families model healthy practices.
- Netherlands: Verre Naasten, a Dutch mission agency, adapted the COVID manual for people in the Netherlands in order to bring awareness of how the pandemic impacts people around the world. The Dutch manual is attached below.
If you know missionaries or friends who might find the COVID-19 manual helpful, or if you would like to help with more translations, contact Amy Friedman at [email protected].