A missionary partnership is a commitment between a congregation and a missionary family to pray faithfully for each other; to communicate faithfully with each other; and for the congregation to provide financial support. In this partnership, Resonate Global Mission and the missionary family promise to receive the gifts with gratitude and expend them wisely in the extension of the Kingdom.
How much money must our congregation commit?
- Resonate does not put a "price on the head" of its missionaries. We do ask, however, that the congregation make a commitment.
How do churches raise and collect those funds?
- Some use Faith Promise, a way in which members make personal commitments of support and the deacons establish a method of collecting the commitments.
- Some congregations establish a regular special offering schedule for missionary support.
- Some congregations make missionary support a part of their regular church budget.
Why should our congregation enter into a partnership in missions with a missionary?
- God has commanded us to, "Go and make disciples of all nations ..." (Matthew 28:19)
- The congregation’s vision for missions is sharpened through its interaction with a missionary.
- The congregation will receive regular prayer letters from its missionary.
- The missionary will visit you during his/her home service.
How do we get started?
- A committee should set out a plan for partnering and get it approved by the church council and, perhaps, by the whole congregation.
- A committee member should contact your national Resonate office and ask for partnership suggestions.
- Keep the congregation informed about the process. It is very likely that someone in the congregation knows a Resonate missionary.
- Resonate will supply your committee with one or more missionary names for your consideration.
What if our congregation cannot provide financial support but does want to become a partner in missions?
- Resonate is happy to help your congregation form a prayer partnership with a missionary family. Your congregation will receive a picture, prayer cards, prayer letters, and a ReConnect visit from your missionary.