After a recent service trip with a nearby youth group, each of us was challenged to write down our "top ten" blessings of the experience. I found it a very helpful way to reflect on the trip, so I decided to use the idea to think about Inspire 2017, which happened last week in Detroit, Michigan.
Here are my top ten blessings from the event:
- A sense of God's leading and moving infused the event.
- There was a spirit of unity and fellowship with each other as believers that literally brought tears to my eyes during times of worship.
- Each of the four keynote speakers brought something different but important to the gathering.
- The Prayer Room was well-used; many people were praying for Inspire in the months leading up to it, so it was great to see prayer continuing to be an important aspect of it.
- Everything went smoothly in terms of technology, safety, meals, and logistics, so that the focus could be on Christ and the church.
- As someone who doesn't like driving in big cities, I am so thankful to the people I carpooled with!
- There was a general attitude among people at Inspire of being willing to listen, comfortable sharing thoughts, and appreciative of each other's input and presence.
- Conversations in breakout sessions, over meals, in the EXPO area, and even on escalators helped people connect, share ideas, and grow unity.
- I was grateful for a comfortable room and delicious meals to keep up my energy through some packed days!
- I'm excited to see the second chapter - how God will use the events and inspirations of this event.
What are some of the blessings you experienced at Inspire?