Connecting with girls during COVID may not be easy, but it’s never mattered more! Pre-COVID, our girls knew the heartache of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out), loneliness, rejection, and girl drama. In COVID, 79% of girls report that they feel more lonely or isolated now than they did before.*
Whether your Sunday School, GEMS Club, or other small group is meeting shoulder to shoulder, through a screen, or small group has been canceled, connection has not been canceled. Your girls need you to connect so they feel seen, known, and loved. Here are 10 small ways to make a big difference in the life of a girl.
- Mail her a postcard.
- Pick up the phone.
- Add a sticky-note of encouragement or an I Believe in You Card (free download here) to her take-home sheet.
- Make a driveway visit.
- Send her a playlist.
- Write her name in an acrostic with all the good things you see in her.
- Send her a Bible verse personalized with her name in it.
- Order her a Sparkle (grades 1-3) or SHINE brightly (grades 4-6) magazine. Use the CODE: CRC20 by December 1 to receive 20% off each subscription.
- Ask, “What is your 2nd favorite snack or school subject?” Need more engaging questions? Download free Convo Cards here.
- Form a heart with your hands and say, “You are LOVED.”
Keep connecting. Our girls matter. So do YOU!