Skip to main content

Synod 2019 instructed the executive director, in consultation with the appropriate CRC agencies, to identify and communicate appropriate legal and financial resources to assist churches and classes with immigration of pastors and their families. 

Two documents, one for Canada and one for the United States, provide the basic information. The CRCNA’s Human Resources office relies on these documents and congregations are encouraged to contact the HR office for basic information.

In addition, those providing assistance in immigration matters are listed below for Canada.


In the Canadian context the Christian Reformed Church in North America encourage churches to follow processing guidelines that are readily accessible from the Department of Immigration Refugees and Citizenship. The department’s help centre has great advice as well. 

Member of Parliament Constituency offices often have an active support function regarding immigration matters. For additional help in navigating the system churches may ask these offices for assistance. Use the “Find MP” box at this site in order to find your constituency office contact information.

As the CRCNA, we can’t endorse specific law firms who provide immigration advice (usually a for profit service). However we do recommend seeking legal advice. A google search of “clergy immigration Canada” turns up a set of helpful resources from law firms – many of which have expertise in faith-based charity law.

Since the CRCNA maintains membership with the Canadian Council of Christian Charities, churches can contact the Canadian Ministries Director’s office to gain access to the CCCC immigration page for initial advice.


Let's Discuss

We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.

Login or Register to Comment

We want to hear from you.

Connect to The Network and add your own question, blog, resource, or job.

Add Your Post