In this new webinar, worship leader and musician Ruth Ann Schuringa lists important goals and skills for the worship leader who is preparing and leading worship. This webinar also offers many suggestions for resources to help plan worship. With college degrees in music and English, Ruth Ann is currently serving as the Worship Director at both Immanuel CRC and CrossPoint CRC in Brampton, ON. She says that it has been a challenge to juggle two churches, but so far, it is very rewarding.
- The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones
- A Wee Worship Book by John Bell & Wild Goose Group
- The Message by Eugene Peterson www.biblegateway.com
- The Worship Sourcebook — more than 2,500 prayers, litanies, and spoken texts for every element of the worship service. Includes CD.
- A Widening Light: Poems of the Incarnation — Luci Shaw, editor: Regent College Publishing, Vancouver, (use sparingly; some great poems based on Biblical characters)
- Crossings: Meditations for Worship by Susan Palo Cherwien, MorningStar Music Publishers
- A Call to Prayer: Public Worship through the Christian Year — Caryl Micklem, editor, (helpful for those who find prayers difficult to lead; ideas for prayers of Advent, Lent, confession, etc.)
- Worship Words: Discipling Language for Faithful Ministry by Debra Rienstra and Ron Rienstra
- Book of Common Worship, PCUSA, published by Westminster/John Knox Press, Louisville, Kentucky (ideas for responsive readings, all sections of liturgy covered.)
- Worshiptogether.com (especially New song Café)
- www.sharefaith.com — buy a church membership: graphics/media/video
- www.skitguys.com — (use videos sparingly)
- 10 Service Plans for Contemporary Worship by Ron Rienstra (Volumes One and Two)
- Reformed Worship — quarterly worship journal; Article Consider Those "In Between" Words by Paul Ryan
- "A Child Shall Lead: Children in Worship" by John Witvliet, published by Chorister’s Guild (many practical ways to involve children in worship)
- "Designing Worship Together: Models and Strategies for Worship Planning" by Norma deWaal Malefyt and Howard Vanderwell
- hymnary.org — tons of information on each hymn including additional worship ideas, background, musical suggestions, etc.
- Psalter Hymnal Handbook…. Song stories/histories (out of print)
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.