Occasionally we are asked for worship resources to help a church celebrate what God has done in and through them as they look forward to a major change in the life of their body. We share these resources for churches who may be closing their doors, combining with another fellowship, or undergoing a major change in direction. Please feel free to adjust, adapt, and use these resources so that they speak to your situation.
From the Reformed Worship Journal:
- Remembering God’s Faithfulness
- God Be With You Til We Meet Again
- Take Time to Celebrate: How to Plan for Your Church’s Anniversary
Other CRC Church Resources:
- We Are Marching in the Light of God
- Held by God’s Big Arms: A Service of Remembrance, Deut. 33 (from the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship)
From denominations outside of the CRC:
- Worship At the Closing of a Church
- Liturgy for the Closing of a Church (from the United Church of Canada)
- Resources for the Closing of a Church Building or the Amalgamation of Congregations (from the Presbyterian Church of Canada)
- A Liturgy for the Closing of a Church (from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America)
- A Resource for the Closing of Congregations (from the Lower Susquehanna Synod
- Liturgy for Closing a Sanctuary (from St. Andrew’s United Church)
Please share any additional services or resources you have with us, as well as your story. Share with us here, or email us at [email protected].