Circle of Grace is a Christian safe environment curriculum that helps to form and educate children and youth about the value of positive relationships with God and others.
The Circle of Grace curriculum teaches children and youth how to identify and maintain appropriate physical, emotional, spiritual and sexual boundaries; recognize when boundary violations are about to occur; and demonstrate how to take action when boundaries are threatened or violated.
After participating in the Circle of Grace curriculum, children and young people will be able to ...
- understand they are created by God and live in God's love along with the love of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
- describe the Circle of Grace, which God gives each of us.
- identify and maintain appropriate physical, emotional, spiritual, and sexual boundaries.
- identify all types of boundary violations.
- demonstrate how to take action if any boundary is threatened or violated.
Churches can supplement their current Sunday school or school curriculum with Circle of Grace. Lessons are self-contained and grade specific, with one to four age-appropriate lessons each year for children and youth in kindergarten through 12th grade. The curriculum is available in English and Spanish. The Curriculum Overview shows the concepts taught and the activities and exercises utilized. The curriculum is provided on CDs, including a training CD, and can be customized to your church or school.
To learn about how to order Circle of Grace for your congregation, please visit this page.
Or contact Bonnie Nicholas, Director of Safe Church Ministry, at 616-224-0735 or email [email protected]