Thought this might be helpful to some of you. TechMission's UrbanMinistry.org is releasing a new section of our website called the Urban Youth Ministry library at http://www.urbanministry.org/youth. This library combines all the free resources related to urban youth ministry from our partners. Some of the sections include:
- K-8 Curriculum: hundreds of lesson plans for after-school programs including Christian content, Black History, English, Math, etc.
- 9-12 Curriculum: hundreds of lesson plans for teen programs including Christian content, college prep, etc.
- Technology Curriculum: hundreds of lesson plans and courses on basic computer skills
- Program Templates: forms for parents, youth program manuals, enrollment and disciplinary forms
- Organizational Templates: policy manuals, financial manuals, board materials, bylaws, incorporation and organizational startup, etc.
- Volunteer Management: background checks, timesheets, mentoring manuals, tutoring manuals, training materials
- Web Links: links to the top free and for fee materials used by urban youth ministries
- UYWI Section: links to all past audio and video from the Urban Youth Worker's Institute conferences
- CCDA Section: links to all past audio and video from the Christian Community Development Association conference
- FASTEN Section: links to toolkits provided by the FASTEN Network.
- Urban Youth Ministry Encyclopedia: over 1,000 articles provided by the Center for Youth Studies and UYWI.
These materials were provided by UWYI, CCDA, FASTEN, Center for Youth studies and more than 20 TechMission Corps youth program sites. Most of the materials were uploaded by urban youth as a summer project.
We want to continue to grow this toolkit, so please help us out in one of the following ways:
- Send us any curriculum or materials you have that might be helpful. You can just fill out this form and E-mail them to [email protected]
- Forward this e-mail to anyone that might find this useful.
- Embed this page on your website using the link on the top right of the page.
Also, please provide us with any feedback or suggestions you have. I hope you find this helpful!
TechMission Corps Program Assistant
P: (617) 282-9798 x121
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.