Synod 2019 instructed the executive director, in consultation with the appropriate CRC agencies, to identify and communicate appropriate legal and financial resources to assist churches and classes with immigration of pastors and their families.
Sometimes an immigrant group wishes to affiliate with the CRCNA, which involves both the congregation (Section A) and the pastor (Section B). Here are a few resources to help.
- Affiliating Congregations
- 1. Current resources and approaches appropriate for immigrant groups:
- Advice is available through the Candidacy Office as well as through Resonate Global Mission for church planting.
- Minister Credentialing
- Educational Intensives (for those pastors from other denominations) seeking ordination in the CRC:
- a. KIM (Korean Institute for Ministry). KIM provides Korean pastors a week of induction each year. Since it began in 2014, it has led to CRC ordination for 28 ministers and 4 commissioned pastors (others are still in the process toward ordination); moreover, along with the ordination of these 32 pastors, in 17 instances it has included the affiliation of their congregations with the CRC.
- ELIM (Ethnic Leadership Institute for Ministry). ELIM provides 7 to 9 pastors of various backgrounds a week of induction each year.
- SLIM (Spanish Leadership Institute for Ministry). SLIM provides Hispanic pastors a week of induction each year.
- Contact the Candidacy Office ([email protected]) for information about each opportunity.
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.