Skip to main content

 Did you know that you might be able to increase your potential impact — and experience significant tax savings — by giving stock, real estate, or other non-cash assets to the CRCNA’s new agency Thrive?

On average most North Americans carry only 10 percent of their wealth in the form of cash. The remaining 90 percent is held in the form of non-cash assets, such as stock, real estate, business interests, or commodities. By considering all the resources God has entrusted you to manage, you can multiply the impact of your generosity AND eliminate unwanted costs and stress. Give more by giving smarter. Donating non-cash assets can be a great tax-wise alternative to donating cash.

Here are 4 Benefits of Giving Non-Cash Assets:

  1. Taxes. Receive a fair market value deduction at the time of your gift and avoid tax liability on the sale of appreciated assets.
  2. Eliminate hassles. Give assets you no longer need or want to manage (such as rental properties or vacation homes) for the benefit of Thrive.
  3. Capacity to give. Give from your excess resources without restricting cash flow.
  4. Estate planning. Eliminate potential taxes or complications for your heirs by giving complex or burdensome assets to ministry now.

To learn more about giving noncash assets or about other giving options, please contact our advancement department at [email protected] or contact one of our stewardship partners:

In the US- the Barnabas Foundation at or 1-888-448-3040

In Canada- Christian Stewardship Services at or   1-800-267-8890 ext. 217


Let's Discuss

We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.

Login or Register to Comment

We want to hear from you.

Connect to The Network and add your own question, blog, resource, or job.

Add Your Post