In part 3 of this Church Data Storage tutorial series (part I here, part II here), we are going to look at workflows.
Workflows are pretty self-explanatory. They are ways to automate things that either slip through the cracks or require a council meeting to discuss and generally takes forever to get anywhere. These videos show it better than I can.
The great thing about workflows is how automated things are and that everyone gets an email about their step.
The main workflows that we use right now (with the step and the person assigned to each step) include:
First Time Visitors
- Welcome Phone Call – Pastor
- Send Follow-up Card – Administrator
- Second Follow-up Call – Pastor
Profession of Faith
- Baptized Members of Age – Administrator
- Runs a list every few months and places the names in the workflow
- Make known to Elder – Clerk
- Clerk gets an email with names of people
- Profession of Faith classes – Pastor
- New Child born – Administrator
- New child info is put into people app
- Pastoral Visit – Pastor
- Pastor gets an email about new child and schedules a visit
- Create Certificate and Purchase Bible – Administrator
- Administrator gets an email and knows what date, etc
- Calligraphy Bible – (Calligraphy person)
- Calligraphy person gets an email with dates, what to write, etc
- Children's Message – (person in charge of children’s messages)
- Children’s message person gets an email that the Sunday’s children’s message will be the baptism.
- Change Planning Center – Administrator
- Administrator alerted to change membership type to ‘baptized member’
- Bi-Annual check – Administrator
- Elder Visit – Clerk
- Removal of mailbox – Administrator
- Recognized as more than visitors – multiple people
- Put on to Elder’s List – Clerk
- Elder Visit / Phone Call – Elder
- Mailbox – Administrator
- Membership Official stuff – Clerk
- Donation Number – Deacon Rep
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.