One of the most powerful tools churches have for finding their next pastor is the Church Positions page at network.crcna.org. The key to making the most of this tool is carefully creating an effective post.
- Include position title, church name and church location (i.e. Lead Pastor at Faith CRC in Burlington, ON)
Add Body Text
- Add a sentence or two about your opening
- Briefly describe your church, city, or ministry context (optional)
- Since this post is viewable to candidates beyond the CRCNA, it is worth noting , "Must be ordained or willing to become ordained as a Minister of the Word and/or Commissioned Pastor in the Christian Reformed Church." (See Church Order, Article 8)
- Explain any attachments or links (i.e. Below you’ll find our church website, church profile, position description, etc.)
- Give details on how to apply (i.e. email [email protected] by March 1, 2019 to apply)
Select “Type” and “Topic”
- Choose “Type” Job Opening
- Choose “Topic” Church Positions and click ADD (please select ONLY this topic to help us keep all church positions in one place)
Add Links, Attachments, Expiry Date
- Add a link to your church website (copy and paste the URL in ‘Link’ field)
- Attach files or documents (click browse under ‘Attach Media” and upload)
- Add ‘unpublish on’ date (Church positions require an expiration date to help this section remain current. You may edit your post and extend the date if needed)
Click “Preview” and “Submit”
- Review your post and if it looks correct, click “Submit Now.”
- If your post includes a link or attachment it will be reviewed by Network staff and published shortly. All other posts will be published after submitting.
- Since most searches last longer than a month or two, we recommend you repost your position every 6 to 8 weeks until the position is filled. To repost your position, click “Edit or Expire” in the top left corner of your post. You may choose to EDIT your existing post or REMOVE your post and add a new one. If you edit, be sure to update wording, attachments, and application deadline. If you remove your current post, you will need to create a new one. Either option works and helps fresh eyes see your church opening.
Questions? Leave a comment below for quick help.