As you may have seen, The Network content form was recently updated so that it’s easier than ever to use (see Introducing the Simplified "New Post" Form). Before the form was shortened to one page, we created two short video tutorials that demonstrate the simple steps of starting a new post. Though the videos are now outdated, they still offer helpful tips and can be viewed here.
Here are step-by-step instructions for adding a new post on The Network:
- To begin your post, click on the orange Start a new post button. This button is found in the bottom right corner on the homepage or top right corner within a ministry topic, i.e. Church Jobs. Note: you must be logged in to add a new post.
- Next, give your post a title and enter body text. You may copy text from another source using the “Paste as Plain Text” or “Paste from Word” features on the toolbar.
- Organize your post by type and topic. The “type” simply refers to what kind of post you’re sharing, i.e. a blog, discussion topic, ministry Q&A, or a resource. If posting a resource, you may select a subtopic (i.e. a website, a book, a prayer) to indicate what type of resource you’re sharing. The “topic” refers to the area of ministry your post falls under (i.e. Young Adults). Be sure to click the “Add” button after selecting the topic.
- Update the Licensing field. The licensing defaults to All Rights Reserved but if you are okay with churches and others sharing your post, consider selecting one of the Creative Commons options.
- Optional step: Add links, attachments or an expiration date. Sample attachments include vimeo links, a website URL, a picture, etc. Also, please be sure to add an expiration date if you are posting a job opening (see instructions on How to Add an Expiration Date to Your Network Post).
- The final step is to preview and submit your post. Note: if your post includes a link or attachment, it will be put into moderation before it is published. This allows Network administrators to check for SPAM and other potential bad links.
Did we miss your question? Comment below or email [email protected] and we'd be happy to help!
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.