As part of the denominational ministry plan, Our Journey 2025, the CRCNA has contracted with Calvin College’s Social Research Center to administer a denominational survey every year.
All CRC-affiliated adults and older youth are welcome to respond to this survey every year as they are led. However, in order to ensure a healthy number of responses, every year researchers have randomly assigned every CRC church to one of five “cohorts.” Each year one cohort—comprising 20% of churches—will be asked to actively participate in the survey.
In other words, you can expect to get a request once every five years.
If it's your church's turn to participate in the survey, you will receive an email in December with more information about the survey and what is expected of you. Below are several resources you can use to spread the word in your congregation. This includes:
- A bulletin announcement - that you can cut and paste into your print bulletin or online announcements to encourage participation
- A projection slide - that you can project during the announcement time of your worship service to encourage participation
- A flyer - that you can print and distribute to member mailboxes or insert into your print bulletins to announce the survey and answer some initial questions about it
- A web graphic - that you can share on your church's social media pages or post on your website to remind people about the survey
- A letter - that explains the survey in a bit more detail
When you send people to crcna.org/survey they can look up their church. If you prefer, you can give your church members a direct link to the survey for your specific church using this format: crcna.org/survey/XXXX (where XXXX is the denominational file number for your church). Test your URL, and then share with your congregation.